Cotopaxi in Ecuador has its first eruption in over 70 years. ECUADOR WAS GREETED this morning with a coating of ash from Cotopaxi. This eruption would...
The USDA has released its Floriculture Crops Summary for 2014. The full report, including data on production value, number of producers, amount of are...
Announcing the Launch of GrandCentralFloral.com Fun! Interactive! Inclusive! Live-Time! Always Open! A Meeting Place for the ENTIRE Floriculture Trade...
NEW! Buyer + Seller 24/7 Live-Time Community Center Industry News, Education, Tools and Connections Across the Floriculture Trade. Grand Central Flora...
By: Lauren Kays for the Knot We don’t have a crystal ball but we do have our pulse on what’s hot in the world of weddings. From Wild West weddings on ...
It’s hustle and bustle. Deconstructing flower arrangements donated by floral shops, and families after weddings and funerals. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (...
Use flowers for more than just centerpieces! Surprise guests with a beautiful floral place card holder. Source: Floral Place Card Display | Meetings I...
From pollarded mulberries to mistletoe, I couldn’t live without these quirky plants – and no self-respecting gardener would be without the...
Midway through Expo Milano 2015, the USA Pavilion, which opened in May, had welcomed 2 million visitors, making it one of the most popular destination...
Becoming a leader takes courage as well as creativity. And creativity takes practice. Being a leader is difficult. That’s why most of us end up taking...
Daily News Feed
- Magín and his ‘Rosa’28 August 2015, 8:54 am
The songs of Magín Díaz are immortalized in the musical history of this nation. A movement looks to restore the true copyright of the composer of 'Rosa' The article Magín and his ‘Rosa’ appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Plan-cation: Don’t miss the boat26 August 2015, 9:55 am
When traveling in Colombia, it's best to heed the advice of locals so as to not get stranded. The article Plan-cation: Don’t miss the boat appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Obit: “I’m still called Nereo”25 August 2015, 12:20 pm
An epic life is revealed: Colombia's legendary photojournalist Nereo López (1920-2015). The article Obit: “I’m still called Nereo” appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Lunch at the “Blue Snail”25 August 2015, 8:05 am
The famous Guayaquil seafood restaurant opens its doors in a renovated Rosales house and boasts an impressive selection of dishes The article Lunch at the “Blue Snail” appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Bogotá: Urgent action required24 August 2015, 10:14 am
As candidates for Mayor of Bogotá present their agendas, the capital is in dire need of leadership and unity to face difficult challenges. The article Bogotá: Urgent action required appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- The How-on-Earth Garden30 August 2015, 12:00 am
David Kelly, the garden designer, has taken on some unusually challenging landscaping projects....
- A Victoria’s Secret Model on Her Permanent Fixer-Upper30 August 2015, 12:00 am
The model Frederique van der Wal restores an 18th-century house near Rhinebeck, N.Y....
- Thousands Stop to Smell a Flower (and Hope Not to Gag)22 August 2015, 12:00 am
The long-awaited blooming of the Denver Botanic Gardens’ corpse flower, known for its potent stench, attracted long lines of curious observers....
- Russia Burns Dutch Flowers Amid Netherlands’ Inquiry Into Malaysia Airlines Crash18 August 2015, 12:00 am
A Russian crackdown on Dutch flower imports is seen by some as a response to an investigation into the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine....
- The Butterfly, the Ant and the Oregano18 August 2015, 12:00 am
The discovery of a hostile but symbiotic three-way relationship has led to the Large Blue butterfly’s comeback in Britain....
- Rumer Willis dons backless floral maxi dress as she joins male companion in LA - Daily Mail30 August 2015, 9:17 pm
Daily MailRumer Willis dons backless floral maxi dress as she joins male companion in LADaily MailShe's been showing off her athletic physique ever since starring on - and winning - ABC's Dancing With The Stars. And while Rumer Willis was mostly covered up on Saturday, she still opted to expose her toned back while joining a male companion for ......
- Vanessa Hudgens Has Floral Fun at MTV VMAs 2015! - Just Jared Jr.30 August 2015, 7:30 pm
Just Jared Jr.Vanessa Hudgens Has Floral Fun at MTV VMAs 2015!Just Jared Jr.Vanessa Hudgens wears a floral dress with some flowers in her hair while stepping out at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards held at the Microsoft Theater on Sunday (August 30) in Los Angeles. The 26-year-old actress told her fans to follow the MTV ...Vanessa Hudgens and sister Stella coordinate at MTV VMAs 2015Daily MailVMAs 2015: Twinning! Vanessa Hudgens and Sister Stella Look IdenticalPEOPLE StyleWatchall 15 news ar...
- All Season's Florist preparing for a vibrant fall - The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)30 August 2015, 12:05 pm
The Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)All Season's Florist preparing for a vibrant fallThe Exponent Telegram (press release) (registration)The store's cooler is also filled with various fillers for floral arrangements, including baby's breath, caspia and Queen Anne's lace, Vance said. “There's a lot of different flowers,” she said. “Each season you're going to have different things.” All ......
- Floral Art Society teaches women flower-decoration techniques - Daily Times29 August 2015, 8:14 pm
Floral Art Society teaches women flower-decoration techniquesDaily TimesISLAMABAD: Floral Art Society of Pakistan (FASP) organised a workshop for women to teach them techniques to design flowers and leaves, both natural and artificial, for decoration purposes. Waqarunnissa Boolani, a floral designer trained women in ...Floral art designing techniques workshop heldThe Nationall 3 news articles »...
- TOWIE's Jessica Wright wears floral-print dress as she arrives in style at ... - Daily Mail29 August 2015, 3:35 pm
Daily MailTOWIE's Jessica Wright wears floral-print dress as she arrives in style at ...Daily MailSo it's fitting that TOWIE star Jessica Wright should arrive in style as she continues her string of summer jaunts, this weekend. The brunette beauty turned heads as she landed in Ibiza on Saturday morning, where she's mixing business with pleasure at ...and more »...
- Today Show: How Safe Are New Chip Cards?28 August 2015, 11:13 am
In a segment on this morning's Today Show, MasterCard led viewers to believe that new "chip" credit cards being issued to consumers are the same cards currently issued in Europe and Canada that have reduced fraud by almost 80%....
- RILA Reacts to NLRB Joint Employer Decision27 August 2015, 1:49 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to a decision today from the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in the Browning-Ferris case....
- Retailers Argue Ambush Elections Violate Employer, Employee Rights in Amicus Brief25 August 2015, 10:45 am
In an amicus brief submitted to the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, retailers explained the real world harm to workers and employers that the NLRB new union election regulations present when applied in the retail context....
- RILA Endorses Bipartisan Senate Bill to Reform the ACA Reporting Process24 August 2015, 11:52 am
RILA endorsed bipartisan legislation introduced yesterday by U.S. Senators Mark Warner (D-VA) and Rob Portman (R-OH) to reform the reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)....
- American Banks and Credit Unions Now Trailing Kenya on Security18 August 2015, 10:07 am
There are many benefits to “chip-and-PIN” technology, but the most significant benefit is that this technology has shown its fraud-fighting prowess around the world and in nearly every G-20 nation....
- Haggen says all suppliers will be paid29 August 2015, 11:34 am
Haggen said Friday it is working with suppliers to resolve supply chain issues and expects to pay all of them in full. read more...
- Moody's upgrades Ahold ratings28 August 2015, 4:07 pm
Moody's Investors Service on Friday said it had upgraded its credit ratings for Ahold, reflecting the retailer’s efforts to reduce debt and improve operating results. read more...
- New book recounts Market Basket saga28 August 2015, 3:02 pm
The extraordinary story of Market Basket’s summer of turmoil is now a book. read more...
- Gallery: Bashas' opens remodeled store near headquarters28 August 2015, 2:20 pm
Bashas’ has remodeled and reopened a 10-year-old store in Chandler, Ariz. — located just three-and-a-half miles east of its corporate offices. read more...
- A rising tide lifts all boats: Successful approach for winning the clean label challenge28 August 2015, 10:50 am
If the clean label trend is here to stay, consumers, brands and private label can all come out winners if manufacturers and retailers develop a long-term blueprint for success. Viewpoints read more...
- San Luis Valley reporting good crop for 2015, organic acreage on the rise28 August 2015, 7:00 pm
Monte Vista, CO — With 52,900 acres of potatoes on the receiving end of good rainfall and not much hail throughout the growing season, Colorado’s San Luis Valley was getting ready in August to harvest what growers and shippers were describing as a good crop size-, yield- and quality-wise. Jim Ehrlich, executive director of the Colorado Potato Administrative Committee based in Monte Vista, said he had spoken with a crop consultant in mid-August, and Ehrlich said, “I think it’s going to b...
- New Domex 'Superfresh Kids' pear pouch bags feature eat brighter! artwork28 August 2015, 12:00 pm
This fall, Domex Superfresh Growers will debut a new line of two-pound gusseted Superfresh Kids-themed pear pouch bags with "Sesame Street" characters in support of the eat brighter! campaign. The eat brighter! campaign is a unique and powerful partnership with Sesame Workshop and the Produce Marketing Association, in collaboration with the Partnership for a Healthier America, that encourages kids ages 2 to 5 to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. "Pears are a terrific fruit for kids of al...
- QPMA convention unites members around ‘A Healthy Industry, a Shared Responsibility’28 August 2015, 10:45 am
QUEBEC CITY — With the theme “A Healthy Industry, a Shared Responsibility,” the Quebec Produce Marketing Association held its 68th annual convention Aug. 20-22 at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, here. Convention delegates found a unique and enriching convention waiting for them, starting with a warm personal welcome from 2014-15 QPMA board president Sammy Cacciatore of Sun Grape Marketing and convention chairman Patrice Alain of Metro, followed by three days of networking, conferences...
- A&P requests $5 million for execs, key management28 August 2015, 9:00 am
Days after sending WARN layoff notices to more than 22,000 employees, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. filed paperwork in hopes of using $5 million to retain 495 executives and key management employees — less than 2 percent of the overall workforce. Nearly $1 million of the funds would be divided between just 11 employees. The request was filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York. Averaging losses of $4.5 million a month, A&P said its "wind down and ...
- United Fresh defends benefits of school nutrition policy in wake of latest study27 August 2015, 6:00 pm
WASHINGTON — One month before Congress must act to reauthorize school nutrition standards, the United Fresh Produce Association defended government policies to increase fresh fruits and vegetables after a new study raised questions about consumption and plate waste. The University of Vermont study, which was released Aug. 25, used digital imaging to capture students’ lunch trays before and after they exited the lunch line, and compared results before and after the U.S. Department of Agricul...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florist Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)