Announcing the Launch of GrandCentralFloral.com Fun! Interactive! Inclusive! Live-Time! Always Open! A Meeting Place for the ENTIRE Floriculture Trade...
NEW! Buyer + Seller 24/7 Live-Time Community Center Industry News, Education, Tools and Connections Across the Floriculture Trade. Grand Central Flora...
By: Lauren Kays for the Knot We don’t have a crystal ball but we do have our pulse on what’s hot in the world of weddings. From Wild West weddings on ...
Marigold: This was named after Mary and the color gold. It was once used for healing wounds. Formerly, it was also used as a flavor for stews and maki...
The Griffin Report and Shelby Printing are proud to present the 10th Anniversary Edition of Women of Influence in the Food Industry. Every year we rec...
Customers get rude or angry for a variety of reasons—some justified, some not. But since you’re in business to serve your customers, you’ll likely enc...
There is no stronger flower than the visual impact of the 290-specie Summer Gladiolus! The word Gladiolus originates from the Latin word, gladius, me...
The Proflora 2015 flower trade show in Bogota, Colombia will be held October 28th – 30th. The National and International meeting place for the f...
Scientists have another theory about what could be killing off the bees: dementia caused by aluminum poisoning. Print PDF
Daily News Feed
- Butterflies for the frontline29 June 2015, 1:13 pm
The Eloria Noyesi coca-eating butterfly could become this country's substitute weapon in the "War on the Drugs". The article Butterflies for the frontline appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Bogotá: Buskers revitalize the Séptima26 June 2015, 11:41 am
Countering a stigma attached to street performance, a video project brings us closer to the musicians of Bogotá's centro. The article Bogotá: Buskers revitalize the Séptima appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Baita: Mediterranean fare25 June 2015, 12:27 pm
Bogotá's newest Middle Eastern restaurant, Baita, celebrates Israeli gastronomy in a loft-like setting. The article Baita: Mediterranean fare appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Taking back Buenaventura24 June 2015, 9:48 am
Community initiatives are helping to curb the violence in Colombia's most important port city. The article Taking back Buenaventura appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- The ‘Hurones’ of Casanare23 June 2015, 11:09 am
With pristine trails along the Eastern Cordillera, Casanare is hosting the 2nd edition of the 'Hurones' expedition. The article The ‘Hurones’ of Casanare appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Identification, Please21 June 2015, 12:00 am
Learning how to use a field guide can make you feel at home anywhere in the world....
- Beach Rose Thrives in Salt and Sand12 June 2015, 6:29 pm
The beach rose is happiest in nutrient-poor sand and gravel, where it grows three-inch blooms ranging from white to magenta....
- Floral Still-Lifes That Recall Old Masters Paintings11 June 2015, 5:09 pm
Sharon Core painstakingly recreates historical canvases of floral arrangements for her detailed, evocative photos....
- My Perennial Dilemma11 June 2015, 7:00 am
For one gardener, a lifetime of instant gratification yields to longer-term commitment....
- Relying on Butterfly Wings to Survive9 June 2015, 12:00 am
Flame azaleas must depend almost entirely on butterflies to reproduce, researchers have found....
- Zooey Deschanel shows off her BIG bump in floral dress in Austin - Daily Mail30 June 2015, 12:01 am
Daily MailZooey Deschanel shows off her BIG bump in floral dress in AustinDaily MailThe health-conscious actress apparently worked up an appetite too and was spotted biting into some fruit while padding across a car park with her baby daddy-to-be. Zooey was the picture of domestic bliss, wearing a blue and pink-flowered frock with ...Heavily pregnant Zooey Deschanel shows off her BIG bump in floral dress while ...South Carolina SC (press release) (blog)all 2 news articles »...
- Vans X Leila Hurst Go Floral - Surfing Magazine29 June 2015, 8:33 pm
Surfing MagazineVans X Leila Hurst Go FloralSurfing MagazineThe Dazie-Hi utilizes a split canvas floral upper with beige suede detailing and Vans iconic leather Sidestripe. The Dazie-Hi is finished off with a marshmallow toe-bumper and sidewall, complimented by a leather tongue tag to capture the perfect ...and more »...
- Police: Suspect carjacked vehicle, crashed into Floral Park home - News 12 Long Island29 June 2015, 5:32 pm
News 12 Long IslandPolice: Suspect carjacked vehicle, crashed into Floral Park homeNews 12 Long IslandPolice are trying to track down the suspect who carjacked an SUV at knife point, then rammed the stolen vehicle into a backyard garage and fled the scene. (June 29, 2015 5:48 PM). Police are trying to track down the suspect who carjacked an SUV at ...Police investigate carjacking that ended with crash in Floral ParkNewsdayNassau County Police: Suspect steals car, then crashes it into garage in ....
- Join The Floral Fun At AFE's 2015 Annual Fundraising Dinner - PerishableNews (press release) (registration)29 June 2015, 3:55 pm
Join The Floral Fun At AFE's 2015 Annual Fundraising DinnerPerishableNews (press release) (registration)ALEXANDRIA, VA – The American Floral Endowment (AFE), which has been making a difference in the floriculture industry for more than 50 years, is back with its biggest fundraising event of the year – the 2015 Annual Fundraising Dinner. Contribute to the ......
- Floral Genius Jen Stone Talks Stars, Sultans, and Summer Blossoms - New York Observer29 June 2015, 3:00 pm
New York ObserverFloral Genius Jen Stone Talks Stars, Sultans, and Summer BlossomsNew York ObserverJen Stone, interestingly enough, is dressed like one of her floral arrangements. Understated, soft neutrals, earthy, but punctuated with a dash of color. Ms. Stone of Stonekelly Events explains that successful floral arrangements, “[keep] it simple ......
- Federal Reserve Governor Calls for “Chip-and-PIN” Technology29 June 2015, 8:50 am
The Federal Reserve, which is charged with maintaining the safety and soundness of our banking system is calling for new chip credit cards to be issued with accompanying PINs....
- RILA Welcomes Introduction of Port Metrics Bill25 June 2015, 12:35 pm
In a letter sent Wednesday, RILA applauded Senate Commerce, Science, & Transportation Committee Chairman John Thune for introducing legislation that would institute universal port performance standards....
- Retailers Urge Congress to Pivot to ACA Improvements25 June 2015, 10:04 am
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) issued the following statement in response to the Supreme Court of the United States’ ruling today upholding subsidies provided through the Affordable Care Act (ACA)....
- Retailers Applaud House Appropriations Committee for Addressing Micro Unions in Funding Bill24 June 2015, 5:06 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to action today in the U.S. House Appropriations Committee to address the harmful NLRB decisions that created micro unions and dramatically shortened the time before a union election....
- Retailers Applaud Senate Passage of Trade Preferences Legislation24 June 2015, 4:49 pm
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) issued the following statement in response to the passage of H.R. 1295, Trade Preferences Extension Act of 2015 in the United States Senate....
- Ahold, Delhaize CEOs eye merger beyond synergies29 June 2015, 11:11 pm
The CEOs of Ahold and Delhaize in an interview Monday stressed that their forthcoming merger would achieve more than just the considerable synergy savings they expressed to the investment community while announcing the agreement last week. read more...
- Peapod launches CSA29 June 2015, 2:47 pm
Ahold’s Peapod announced Monday it would offer a Local Farm Box of seasonal produce similar to a community supported agriculture (CSA) program. read more...
- The 8th Annual NLS Food Evolution Summit29 June 2015, 2:16 pm
The 8th Annual Food Evolution Summit features the ideal peer-to-peer networking environment for Top Level Executives in New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Innovation and many other related fields within the food industry. Location Hyatt Regency Hill Country 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive San Antonio, TX 78251 United States ...
- The 7th Annual NLS Food Quality Symposium29 June 2015, 2:16 pm
The 7th Annual Food Quality Symposium, features the ideal peer-to-peer networking environment for Top Level Executives in Safety, Quality Assurance and many other related fields within the food industry. Location Hyatt Regency Hill Country 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive San Antonio, TX 78251 United States 29° 27' 38.3112" N, 98° 40' 51.4956...
- Gallery: Ahold Delhaize merger agreement, Walmart allowances and more trending stories29 June 2015, 1:08 pm
The sudden closure of a D'Agostino store, tough love for Kroger's private label SKUs, and Kroger's stock split also caught the eye of readers of SN's e-newsletter. read more...
- Sakata setting example during Calif. drought29 June 2015, 7:00 pm
Sakata Seed America is doing its part to go green and conserve water during the severe California drought. The drought has taken a huge toll on the entire state; however, it has hit both the agricultural and horticultural industries particularly hard. In response, Sakata has made it a priority to focus on ways to reduce their water usage and boost long-term sustainability for the future. According to a study by the University of California-Davis Center for Watershed Sciences, “the drought is ...
- Mann's adds Kalettes to retail lineup29 June 2015, 1:16 pm
Mann Packing is adding Kalettes to its lineup of washed and ready-to-eat fresh vegetables. The retail offering is in a six-ounce bag. Mann’s is one of six U.S. companies licensed to grow and sell Kalettes. The company started offering Kalettes to its foodservice customers in 2014, with expansion to retail in June. Kalettes are a non-GMO vegetable developed through traditional hybridization. They have a great taste by combining the best flavors from kale and Brussels sprouts, resulting in a f...
- CMI re-releases cherry display for retailers29 June 2015, 11:19 am
With the main cherry-selling season under way, CMI is re-releasing its proprietary free standing, secondary display for supermarkets. The self-contained shipping unit is designed to help retailers leverage the unique impulse purchase power of cherries by adding incremental displays in supermarkets. “Secondary displays sell cherries,” Steve Castleman, senior vice president of sales at CMI, said in a press release. “Our supermarket sales data consistently shows us that when retailers add se...
- NatureSweet unveils new tomato variety29 June 2015, 9:00 am
CHICAGO — In the tomato category, there is a penchant to go big — with larger varieties, such as Beefsteak types — or go small — with the ever-growing grape and cherry types that have found a niche as a snack item. But there are few options in between. NatureSweet believes it will fill a void with its new mid-sized Jubilee tomato. Mike Joergensen, vice president of marketing at NatureSweet, based in San Antonio, TX, said each Jubilee tomato yields several slices, making it the perfect ...
- IGA Montauk looks forward to New York state produce26 June 2015, 7:00 pm
MONTAUK, NY — After an especially long and cold winter, the weather in the Northeast in June was slowly but surely turning better, with warmer temperatures heralding all the bounty that New York state agriculture is known for. The Montauk IGA store here on the far eastern tip of Long Island was ready to handle that bounty, and was expecting to have a wide variety of New York state items on hand for its customers by the end of June, as usual. Among the fresh produce items it was anticipating ...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florist Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)