The USDA has released its Floriculture Crops Summary for 2014. The full report, including data on production value, number of producers, amount of are...
Announcing the Launch of GrandCentralFloral.com Fun! Interactive! Inclusive! Live-Time! Always Open! A Meeting Place for the ENTIRE Floriculture Trade...
NEW! Buyer + Seller 24/7 Live-Time Community Center Industry News, Education, Tools and Connections Across the Floriculture Trade. Grand Central Flora...
By: Lauren Kays for the Knot We don’t have a crystal ball but we do have our pulse on what’s hot in the world of weddings. From Wild West weddings on ...
A new children’s cartoon series which could soon hit our screens is the brainchild of a Gloucestershire florist. Flora’s World features th...
Bring your garden’s beauty indoors. Zinnias, glads and other flowers can last for many days when kept in fresh water and floral preservativeR...
So maybe you don’t exactly have a green thumb. And maybe the last time you tried to add some plant life to your apartment, you ended up with dead, dri...
The table is set and you’re invited to join the celebration of American Grown Flowers during the 2015 American Grown “Field to Vase” Dinner Tour. The ...
People who are naturally good at small talk are an unusually lucky lot. While they can easily ramble on about, well, anything, we’re stuck brainstormi...
Daily News Feed
- Mummenshanz and more4 August 2015, 5:58 pm
The Swiss hyper-surrealism theatre troupe Mummenschanz premieres this week at the Colón and the National Museum turns 192. The article Mummenshanz and more appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Colombia: Talking the “game”4 August 2015, 3:38 pm
In Colombia, the sports commentary is almost as important as the game unfolding on the field. The article Colombia: Talking the “game” appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- Shaping Colombia’s digital future31 July 2015, 7:54 am
Colombians are becoming more engaged with Apps in order to promote their businesses and help others get the download The article Shaping Colombia’s digital future appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- A “waist” of appearances29 July 2015, 9:33 am
In Colombia, the cult of the "faja" reflects a growing trend for women to wear extreme and wired clothing The article A “waist” of appearances appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- The caiman’s “cumbia”28 July 2015, 8:13 am
If Elvis gave us Crocodile Rock, then Colombia the caiman’s cumbia. This species which has inspired music and popular legend is heading towards the brink of extinction. The article The caiman’s “cumbia” appeared first on The City Paper Bogotá. ...
- A City Garden in Harlem Is on the Move to Brooklyn5 August 2015, 12:00 am
Marie Viljoen, a garden designer and blogger, must relocate with her husband, taking what’s portable in the garden with them....
- Ancient Greek Herbs, Foraged for the Modern Chef4 August 2015, 2:30 pm
Evangelia Koutsovoulou created Daphnis and Chloe, a store under the Acropolis, to source and celebrate her home country’s thyme flowers, bay leaves and more....
- Chicory Is the Cheshire Cat of Herbs26 July 2015, 12:00 am
The nonnative plant is known to open for a single day, and its flowers are bluest for only a few short morning hours, fading rapidly after sunset....
- Planters as Pleasing as What’s Inside Them22 July 2015, 2:20 pm
A new collection from the Seattle-based interiors designer Trey Jones elevates simple terra cotta, copper and steel pots....
- Lasting Art, a Flower Store Where Everything Is 100% Fake19 July 2015, 12:00 am
The shop, in Manhattan’s flower district, carries items including faux flowers and plastic champagne glasses....
- Artist James Merry Gives Brand Logos a Floral Embroidery Makeover - HUH.4 August 2015, 11:07 am
HUH.Artist James Merry Gives Brand Logos a Floral Embroidery MakeoverHUH.While he's not busying himself with commissions for musicians like Björk, who wore one of his Victorian moth masks to the Governors Ball Music Festival in New York last month, Iceland-based artist James Merry is working on a personal project which ......
- 7 new floral fragrances you need to try this summer - Mirror.co.uk4 August 2015, 2:00 am
Mirror.co.uk7 new floral fragrances you need to try this summerMirror.co.ukThe low-down: A scent inspired by Gironde in France, where grapevines are grown together with roses. The roses (being more delicate) show any threats to the vines before the grapes are affected, while the vines irrigate the ground so the roses grow ......
- Something 'Mind-Bending' Happens After Red-Hot Nickel Ball Is Placed on Block ... - TheBlaze.com3 August 2015, 11:22 pm
WILX-TVSomething 'Mind-Bending' Happens After Red-Hot Nickel Ball Is Placed on Block ...TheBlaze.comWhat happens after a red-hot nickel ball is placed on a chunk of floral foam? If you guessed that it would burn through the center of the block, you'd be wrong. Instead, video posted online Sunday shows that placing the nickel ball onto the foam sets ...WATCH: Hot Metal Meets Floral FoamWILX-TVWhat happens when you put a red hot nickel ball on floral foam? (VIDEO)Malay Mail OnlineRed h...
- Jennifer Lopez Makes a Modern Case for Dressing Up at the Theater - Vogue.com3 August 2015, 3:09 pm
Jennifer Lopez Makes a Modern Case for Dressing Up at the TheaterVogue.comJennifer Lopez came out on Saturday night for a preview dressed in her finest Dolce & Gabbana floral dress, which we've seen blooming all season long with stars such as Blake Lively putting a personal spin on the trend. Lopez made the look her own with ......
- Christiane 'Chris' Dybvik, 77, Belgium native remembered as 'ingenious floral ... - Port City Daily3 August 2015, 1:17 pm
Port City DailyChristiane 'Chris' Dybvik, 77, Belgium native remembered as 'ingenious floral ...Port City DailyChristiane “Chris” Dybvik, of Wilmington, died unexpectedly July 29, 2015, in Winston-Salem while vacationing in the Carolina mountains. She was 77. She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Russell; daughter, Catherine Henry (Peter); son, Terry ......
- Retailers Support Cotton Amendment Senate Cyber Intelligence Sharing Legislation4 August 2015, 8:28 am
In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) today RILA, FMI, NACS, and NRF, expressed support for an amendment by Senator Tom Cotton to CISA....
- Diverse Employer Coalition Endorses Changes to ACA IRS Reporting Rules30 July 2015, 2:29 pm
In a letter sent today, a coalition of 178 employers and trade associations joined together to endorse legislation aimed at providing employees and employers with a more effective means for determining eligibility for Exchange tax credits under the ACA....
- RILA Joins Partnership in Opposing DOL Overtime Proposal23 July 2015, 11:24 am
RILA today signed a joint letter with 42 other trade associations and business groups that comprise the Partnership to Protect Workplace Opportunity to express concern over the DOL’s recently proposed federal overtime regulations....
- RILA Joins Chamber in Launch of Cybersecurity Leadership Council23 July 2015, 10:09 am
Today, RILA announced a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other leading trade associations in the launch of the Cybersecurity Leadership Council...
- Retailers React to DOL Overtime Proposal30 June 2015, 12:33 pm
RILA issued the following statement in response to proposed new federal overtime rules released today by the U.S. Department of Labor....
- Fairway reports $13.9M Q1 loss4 August 2015, 4:49 pm
Fairway Group Holdings on Tuesday reported a loss of $13.9 million as sales declined by 2.3% and comps dipped by 5.3% during the fiscal first quarter. read more...
- Distributor opens first Harvest Natural Market4 August 2015, 4:41 pm
Harvest Natural Market — a retail operation from Atlas Group, a Houston-based natural food distributor — has opened its first store in Katy, Texas, with at least four more scheduled to open. read more...
- 5 ways retailers are snapping out of the stagnant-sales malaise4 August 2015, 1:36 pm
At a time when overall sales in traditional supermarkets remain unchanged, Americans are deeming differentiated products worth the investment. Content Classification: Curated SN Social read more...
- Martin's customizes doughnuts for sports fans4 August 2015, 11:21 am
Martin’s Super Markets’ bakeries will now decorate doughnuts based on customers’ favorite sports teams read more...
- Private equity prompts new tools for measuring success4 August 2015, 11:00 am
The influx of private equity groups into grocery retailing is changing the rules of engagement. In the private equity world the only things that matter are return on capital and EBITDA growth. read more...
- Most of Michigan industry dodges a bullet4 August 2015, 7:00 pm
Despite a report of record-setting hail in Michigan, the produce trade itself is breathing a sigh of relief. Mitch Brinks, a salesman for Riveridge Produce Marketing Inc. in Sparta, MI, said there was a brief hail storm Aug. 2 within a violent wind storm that struck Michigan’s fruit ridge. The small volume of hail was soft, Brinks said. If there were any damage to the apple crop, it would be so minor that the fruit would outgrow it. Brinks hadn't heard of any areas in Michigan that were dama...
- Meijer's $750 million Wisconsin expansion progresses4 August 2015, 2:30 pm
Continuing an estimated $750 million investment in Wisconsin, Meijer opened two more stores in Wauwatosa and Oak Creek. The new supercenters create nearly 600 jobs and provide fresh produce delivered daily. “Since opening our first two stores in the state six weeks ago, local residents and new customers have welcomed us with open arms and responded positively to the new shopping option we offer in Wisconsin,” Co-Chairman Hank Meijer said in a press release. “We are thrilled to be opening ...
- New York Apple Growers unveils new organization name4 August 2015, 1:00 pm
After its recent launch of the SnapDragon and RubyFrost apple varieties, New York Apple Growers has changed its name to Crunch Time Apple Growers. The organization is made up of 145 grower members who are united with the mission of introducing exclusive, flavorful apple varieties to the marketplace. “The success and interest of these new apples has gotten a lot of attention and retailers were confusing us with other similarly named organizations such as New York Apple Sales and New York Apple...
- Ambrosia and Honeycrisp sales strong4 August 2015, 11:39 am
Demand is hot for Ambrosia apples this summer, as they continue to be one of the brightest items in supermarket produce departments. Recently released scan data from Nielsen Perishables Group revealed that for the most recent four-week period through June 27, Ambrosia and Honeycrisp were the only two apples in the top 10 varieties that generated an increase in sales dollars. All other top 10 varieties declined. The data show that consumers continue to look for highly flavored apples like ...
- Kingdom Fresh Farms expanding operations4 August 2015, 9:00 am
As part of ongoing expansion plans and continued capital investments, Kingdom Fresh Farms is expanding its greenhouse operations in Tehuacan, central Mexico. The expansion will add approximately 62 acres of production to the growing site and more than double existing production. The new hydroponic greenhouses will be equipped with state-of-the-art technology to accommodate year-round production and best-in-class food safety to guarantee safe, high-quality products. “This expansion is a conti...
- Blooming Breeders
- Dutch Association for the Plant Reproduction Material Sector
- Flower Trials
- International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties
- International Plant Propagator’s Society
- International Seed Federation
Florist and Florist Design
- American Institute of Floral Design
- British Florist Association
- Florist Chronicles
- Michigan Floral Association
- Society of American Florists
- Floral Business Magazine
- Florist Review Magazine
- Fresh Produce and Floral Council (FPFC)
- New England Produce Council (NEPC)
- Product News-Floral Marketing
- Super Floral Retailing Magazine
Plants & Horticulture
- All-America Selections (AAS)
- American Horticulture Society (AHS)
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- American Orchid Society (AOS)
- Association of Horticulture Professionals (OFA)
- Association Internationale des Producteurs de l’Horticulture
- Commercialization of Flowers and Plants in Brazil
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Garden Center Magazine
- Greenhouse Grower Magazine
- Green Profit Magazine
- Kid’s Gardening
- National Christmas Tree Association
- National Gardening Association (NGA)
- Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
- Plantscape Industry Alliance (PIA)
- Royal Horticulture Club
- Southern Nursery Association, Inc (SNA)
- Association of Dutch Orchid Producers
- Association of Specialty Cut Flowers Growers
- Belbex Trade Association of Exporting Tree and Hardy Nursery Stock Growers
- International Commercial Orchid Growers Organisation
- International Protea Association
- Italian Board for Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Italy’s National Association for Nurserystock Exporters
- New Zealand Calla Council
- New Zealand Export Growers Orchid Association
- North American Flower Bulbs Wholesalers Association
- Orchid Growers of Hawaii
- Royal Dutch trade association for Nursery Stock and Flower Bulbs
- Royal General Association of the Dutch Bulb Industry
- Taiwan Orchid Grower Association
- Wildflowers Australia, Ltd
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- National Grocers Association (NGA)
- National Retail Federation (NRF)
- Trend Hunter
- Retail Round-Up
- Antalya Cut Flower Exporters Union
- American Floral Endowment
- Brazilian Institute for Floriculture
- Canaries Export Organization for flowers and plants
- Commercial Horticultural Association in the UK
- Dutch Board for Flower Wholesalers
- Flora Hungaria
- Flower Import Trade Association of the UK
- Flowers Victoria
- German Wholesale and Import Organization
- Guatemalan Exporters Association
- International Garden Centre Association
- International Organization of Flower and Plant Wholesalers
- Jordanian Association for Cut Flowers and Ornamental Plants
- OFA-Association of Floriculture Professionals
- Pantone Trend Forecasting
- PMA(Produce Marketing Association)
- Protected Cropping Australia
- Report Linker for Floral
- Union of Flower Growers and Florists of the Czech Republic
- Wholesale Florist and Florist Supplier Association (WF & FSA)